I have been using IDM for last 2 years and it's really a nice download manager. People often get addicted to it and don't want to uninstall it at any cost. People who purchase a licence enjoy it working without any problem but those who use "fake key" (downloaded from torrent clients) suffer from the message "Internet Download Manager has been registered with a fake serial number or serial number has been blocked. IDM is now exiting.......".
The solution for this problem is not easily available and the only step the user left with is uninstalling the software completely. Even after several installation and uninstallation the problem exists unless you format your computer.If you want a permanent and exact solution for this problem follow these steps:-
1. Exit IDM from the taskbar before entering the serial.
2. Disconnect active connections to the internet.
3. Then go to the directory C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc and locate the file 'hosts'
4. Open the "hosts" file with "notepad".
5. on the last line enter the following address as shown and save.
6. Now, again enter the "fake serial" and wait for few seconds.
7. your IDM is registered again.
8. No wonder you would be facing this problem again but without panic use a "new fake key" ( this time steps 3,4 and 5 are not required, the only thing required is "a keygen" for generating a new key. For IDM 5.14 Dr.Carbon Keygen is used ).